Thread: 6 handed video
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: 6 handed video

emerson, my WSD/W$SD in 6max is about 44/49. I'm happy whenever my WSD is below 40, but for me, that is usually a greater function of running bad than of playing good. I do not think my WSD/W$SD is ideal. I think there are a bunch of folds that I'm not making. I show down with ace high quite a bit. Yesterday I called (successfully) a river bet with KcTc on a A9986hhhh board. I feel that in these 6max games, players try very hard to win every pot. As BZ said in his video, when the game is aggressive, it is time to be a bit more passive. To me, that means call down with ace high 60% of the time.

One hand that sticks out from the BZ video is the Kc5h peel on the QT86hhh board. There was 4BB in the pot and BZ had to call one. He mentioned something about "well if I check here, he'll bluff about most of the time." Two things; he's getting 4:1 to call to his 20% chance of hitting his 7th-nut flush and a king which may or not be good. I think 6max players peel these types of hands way too much. They forget about pot outs, implied odds, reverse implied odds, etc. Second, well he's right. The player WILL be bluffing that hand quite a bit. Which is why if you're going to call that turn bet, when the ace falls on the river you've GOT to call that too. Personally, I check/fold that turn. However, if a similiar hand found me at the river and I have the best half of nut no pair, I'm calling.

I don't play much full ring anymore as so few of those tables run. However, my opinion is that you can believe full ring players much more. My WSD in full ring is much lower not only because of the ease of folding in multi-way pots, but the greater ease of folding when HU. I think BZ is treating 6max like full ring - giving players the amount of credit you should give them at full ring. He should think more of his HU experience when playing 6max.