View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Requirements to make a stand vs maniac.

I just wanted to hear some discussion on what you guys are willing to take to the felt vs a maniac.
I made a stand last night, and had mixed feelings as to weather this was the spot or not.
Most of me was saying, Hes raising re-raising every hand therefore your up against a blind hand and good a big % of the time. The other part was saying, no this hand is vuneralble and easily beaten.

20c/40c NL turbo table (7sec to act)

Villian 100% VPIP 80% PFR over 15 hands. Got lucky with two pair a couple times and is managing to sustain a stack even though its obviously going to go down in the near future.

Villian on SB with $52
Hero on BB, has villian covered

Dealt to hero A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop all fold to maniac (because they know the raise is comming) Maniac Raises to $2.50, Hero Calls

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot $5)
Villian Bets $10, Hero Calls

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot $25)

Villian Bets $30, Hero Calls

River T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot $85)

Villian All-in (not much more), Hero calls

result:
<font color="white">Villian shows Qd5c </font>

I thought about folding that turn, but Ive played heads up SNGS pretty close to his style against a really tight player. (except risking alot less chips) And understand just how rarely you have any kind of a hand at all.
I treated this like a blind hand and decided that I was ahead here more then behind and I let him bet his stack off.

Where do you guys make a stand?
What was also on my mind was this guy was going broke in the next 5min, it was just going to be the first person to have the balls to call.

How many of you would make a stand here? How many would wait for something better?

Remember, this is no tricky lag, this is a full blown maniac.