View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: SCKeylogger found - what is next?

PAHUD Free version: I mean that I downloaded the free trial, limited to one table and 30 days. I haven't yet purchased the full version.

For the record, I have no reason to blame PAHUD. I'm just trying to recollect what I've installed recently that wasn't airtight safe (i.e., widely used and open-source).

McAfee: It came preinstalled when I bought this Dell in July, and I think the updates ran out after 90 days. I'd also installed AVG Free Edition before this happens. Neither finds anything.

(Technically McA identifies two things that it considers notable: the FTP program bundled with Apache2Triad is a "potentially unwanted program", and a huge .tgz file of mostly spammail that I downloaded from my Web server had some message with a virus in it. Needless to say I've never executed that attachment and don't plan to; it's deep within a gzipped tar that I've just not cleaned out.)

Since this happened, I installed SpyBot S&D. It didn't find anything.

There have, in the past month or so, been a couple of things that McA complained about in my Firefox cache, but as best I could tell those were quarantined and dealt with. I'm looking for the logs to give you more detail.

I've blocked U.exe from Internet access in the McAfee firewall, and bumped up the setting to just below "lockdown".

I've installed FileMon and am hoping to soon filter out the irrelevant stuff so I can see if anything's written to on my keystrokes.