View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Re: $50NL, JJ Overpair OOP Getting Called Down

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($57.90)
MP ($26.80)
CO ($48.90)
Button ($65)
jb ($52)
BB ($102.60)

Preflop: jb is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">jb raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">jb bets $4.25</font>, UTG calls $4.25.

Turn: ($14) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">jb bets $11.25</font>, UTG calls $11.25.

River: ($36.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

No stats yet on villain my only read is he waited to post and topped off his stack immediately after going through the blinds.

Is my only real choice here to check and see how he responds?

[/ QUOTE ]

What I hate about these spots is that he will only raise you with better hands, but won't call or bet the hands you beat. And could possibly bluff us off the better hand.

I think I'd chicken out and check and re-evaluate, but possibly think that a small bet on the river for value/block is the best line...small enough that he may still call with 22-77 (unlikely), and raise all those hands that beat us, but block a bluff attempt. But I hate giving that line away to a good player, which is the assumption I'm making, cuz I think a very good player could easily bluff raise us here. 44, JTdd, 67dd, and to a lesser extent, 88 and 99 seem the only hands to fit here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think youre on the right track Mike but I think a random player has a wider range than that.

John - the pot is ~ your stack and your hand is probably near the middle of his range, so I think I'd check and let him bet. I'd probably call any bet because I think you pick off bluffs and some weaker made hands (T9 TJ maybe some other stuff) often enough to be profitable. * - This is my hunch and I havent run Poker Stove with any ranges so I might change my opinion.