View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 03:25 AM

Default How do you review your PT sessions?

I'm just sitting here reviewing my session and notes, and wondered if I could be doing it better. Couldn't find any older posts on it(though I'm sure there are somewhere...) so I'll ask[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I figured I'd show exactly how I go through and find out if anyone does it differently.

Single out a specific table during that session.

For people that don't know how to do this, you simply click the session note tab, and double click the row that the table you want to look at is in. Then return to the main screen and voila!

Review all the losers first.

This is why we bought PT right?(for me it was[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) I'll generally skim over the minor losers and quickly guage if a fold was hasty or not in the hh(usually not), but if it was a big loser I'll replay the hand. Generally I'll be able to find out the mistake I made, if not I'll try to post it.

Review the winners!!!

Haha, I'm a greedy bastard aren't I? The next set of hands I'll take a look at are the winners. I'll look to try to see if I could have extracted more money from anywhere. If I think I could have, I try to post the hand.

Review the position stats tab

This tab is becoming my best friend. It lets you know how much money you're losing from each position, and shows you all of the hands you played from there. Since I started 6-max it's been indespensable.

And basically this is what I do...just rinse and repeat for the rest of the tables I played. It usually takes me about 30 minutes or so to go through about 200-300 or so hands. It's a bit lenghty a time I guess but well worth it IMO.

If people have other tips or rituals they like to perform, please post them. I'd love to see if/how people use filters for their daily sessions: I'm gonna start trying them out soon and would love a quick tutorial [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]