View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 12:39 AM

Default Re: 1-2 NL live flopped trips, line check

1) What is the purpose of the flop bet. You have bet 1.5x the size of the pot. Are you trying to fold people out or get action from donk hands. This isn't criticism, it's a serious question. If it's a poorly played table and you think you can build a pot against Jx or worse 9x, this is great. But otherwise, I'm not sure what leading out for this much does.

2) Called in four spots. Turn, 10. Entirely possible that other than a J, this is the worst possible turn card in the deck for you. This completes three gutshots, fills up T9 (extremely common live limp hand) and creates a massive straight draw in case you are still good but get to the river with chips. A serious case can be made for shutting down here. I don't fault going broke because you have less than a full buy in and only basically a pot-sized bet left, but this turn card is disgusting.

3) I have no idea in the world what the $20 turn bet is.

4) You can call once it goes shove/cold call 75, as stated above I wouldn't fault it, but honestly you are very likely behind now.

5) RiverHebrew, you want him to cold call and re-evaluate river? If he does this he will go to the river with 75 left and be looking at a pot of 340, what are you looking for him to do then?