View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
taking james out tonight had to be the right play. i really don't understand the flip to jrb. it may have just been inertia that won out - todd knew the right play strategically was to get rid of james, but it would've taken too much heavy lifting. once you float the jrb possibility within courtney's earshot, she is sold, and apparently, amanda wasn't gung ho about the idea either. however i predict this mistake will cost todd the game.

the only edge todd/amanda have over james, is they have that key two person rock solid alliance for the final 3-4. i thought james had that with denise, but that no longer appears to be the case.

worst case scenario after voting out james would be a 4-4 split with jrb/denise/erik/pg on the other side.

i do like that jrb finally worked with pg and erik... too little too late but they were smart enough to finally find each other

frosti will have to win a lot of individual immunities, but if he could drag courtney to the final two with him... well played. also, from frosti's pov, and thinking in terms of winning the jury, he really should've considered a frosti/peegee/erik and then swing two of courtney/jrb/denise into a new power bloc. i think he wins a jury vote against any of those people except maaaaybe denise, but she would be the odd one out in the final five there too. seriously, the more i think about this, the more i think frosti should've made a daring strategical play this round to take control of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Todd ever had much of a shot at winning this even if he had voted James. Admittedly I've only watched about a third of the Survivors, but it seems like every time the guy who does a lot of scheming and back stabbing has zero chance at winning, much less making the Final 2/3. You have to scheme and strategize without making it obvious what you're doing. Yul was the master at this from what I've seen. He was always one step ahead of everyone, but still came off as a genuine, honest guy. I would be shocked if Todd won this. I think the most likely candidates are James or Amanda. Amanda always has herself in powerful alliances, while directing most of the planning on Todd. Kind of like that Asian chick did with Yul, but Todd has made too many enemies, unlike Yul, so Amanda could win it.