View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:31 AM

Default Re: I Cant lose or the world falls apart

I've got a bit of the same. I can win $100, then lose $20 to a bad beat and I just can't let it go. It feels like someone stole the money from me and I have to get it back, I want justice.

I notice it happening, and I tell myself how stupid it is, and I tell myself that bad beats happen in poker and you're bound to run into them. But somehow this feeling still gets to me a little bit.

I also have a weird thing about always wanting to be at a personal best for total poker winnings. Most days I would win and get the total even higher, and all was right with the world. But even if I won 10 days in a row, one losing day would just annoy me to no end until I won it back and got to a new high mark in winnings.

I even played extremely tight and made -EV plays just to avoid downswings whenever possible. Anyway, I eventually tired of all my personal stupidity and frustration with the game and quit. I'd recommend you quit too. Poker isn't worth dealing with all this.

I'd also agree with Ganjasaurus, if you're losing sleep and feeling like your world could disappear... you might want to do something about that.