View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul on Subprime

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand her questioning. She claimed that there was $2.3 trillion missing in FY99. The entire defense budget for FY99 was $270 billion. What does she mean that there was $2.3 trillion missing that year? The entire equipment inventory of the whole Department of Defense was estimated as $300 billion for FY06 (that's every plane, tank, ship, truck, etc.). How does the Pentagon in a single year lose 10x its budget and 10x the value of its entire equipment inventory? I'd like to see more detail as to what the heck she is talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you'd think it might be a priority, but obviously the big guys don't want anyone to know where the money went, otherwise there would at least be an effort to figure out what happened.

I think it's funny that the counterargument to the pentagon missing trillions is that hey, nothing is missing, shut up, don't ask questions, we're not gonna tell you, just shut up, we don't know where the money went so we don't know if it's missing or not, just shut up.