View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: France\'s Election is Today

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm a little confused. Are you German or Swedish or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
I am Norwegian.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHA! A Scandi!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Either way, Im sure your own country has some "issues" as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
We certainly have "issues", but people are much more open to new ideas/foreign impulses than i.e. in France or the US, if somebody critizises something/suggest a change people don't become defensive, but listen to what the person has to say. Relatively unique though, haven't seen that in many other cultures.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't in this thread, but,in general, I bet you might if the criticism was cranked up to 11 and often was boring, repetitive, and often hypocritical (NOTE This is not referring to you specificily. This addresses a large group of Yank haters, both on this forum and whom I met whilst living in Europe for 5 years)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WHy is that you are allowed to mock/crap on The USA constantly over seemingly every issue yet someone from The USA can't mock France? Perhaps I'm dumb, or perhaps your assertion is illogical. (Perhaps a bit of both)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mock as much as you want [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I don't retort to using Somalia as example to claim that capitalism is a failed model, so don't use France to prove that a left-wing society is a failure. Both countries' main problems would continue in both models.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly haven't even discussed France or their failings or The US. I was just trying to get an answer from the anti-Yank euro crowd about this standardish mindset of "OK to poop all over US and policies but dare not question the insanity in our homelands" (Once again not specifically you but many Euros in general).