View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:54 AM

Default Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

here's something I was thinking about while reading about someone going nearing supernova elite(100k VPPs / year). They were complaining about how its so sick to be losing at 1.5ptbb/100 when they usually beat the game for 5ptbll/100 and it's so hard for them to keep playing but they can't take a break or else they will miss supernova elite missing out on a huge bonus and "waisting" a lot of work.

This made me appreciate how I've been able to play so many hands at the micros and I'm now use to big down swings and long break even stretches and they don't even bother me anymore. I'm so over rolled and I know I can't change it so I don't worry about it.

Most of these highstakes players were able to fly up in stakes through a combination of running good and being good enough to crush the micros so bad a "downswing" might just be winning at 2ptbb/100. They aren't use to running bad because and it's not something one can just get use too. Most players (myself included) started out their roll, grinded it up and busted a few times. We were able to learn this lesson for cheap, as opposed to say running real good, start to play for a living, and then having your first 40k hand month long break even stretch and going crazy.

I hope all these hands and variance I'm able to experience right now at the micros will help me when I move up to higher stakes. I also like playing overrolled to limit this.

So I'm not really sure what the point of this post was but It's just something that came to my mind while browsing the forums. I didn't intend for it to be this long when I started witting it but oh well. I hope it can help some of you or you will be able to relate to it.