View Single Post
Old 04-08-2006, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Smoking causes cancer

[ QUOTE ]

I think the 2-hour period was somewhat arbitrary. What I took away is that it is more significant to your results to play focused & at your best (i.e., by taking breaks) vs. ensuring every second of the time you set aside for a poker session is spent playing (rather than scouting and/or resting your brain).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou for everyone's comments in this thread.

The above quote pretty much sums up the answer to the question about concentration, although I learned some years ago that 50 minutes is considered the top end of the scale for the "normal" range.

A quick search since reading the posts here has shown that number to be thought of very differently by different people/establishments, but 20-50 minutes seems to be the accepted guess. I have however only read four links but they did seem to be good ones. (Sample size... I know)

I used the two hour figure as a number much larger than 50 minutes, so yes, it was rather arbitary.
Something else I have learned since writing the article is that some people (and I suspect this applies to many 2+2ers) appear to concentrate for much much longer. It does however transpire that they are usually very good at taking many very small breaks, so small they don't even know they're doing it. (I assume we're talking 10-20 seconds where they stare into space etc)

I would imagine that multi-tabling online gives less chance for these mini-breaks than live play, but if I wrote any more about that subject, I'd be into the realms of guesswork.

Lori