View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: A floor call I had never seen

[ QUOTE ]
This is the fault of the dealer, player should not be penalized into not being able to play the hand.
Assuming the replacement burn has already been returned to the top of the stub...
Remove the burn(exposed card) deal the next card to the button, return burn to stub, play on.

Only two cards are "out of order", flop , turn , river will remain the same...not enough harm done to warrant punishing button player by not allowing him to play a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

However, at Foxwoods they don't care if there is dealer error. If a player has too few cards after there has been any significant action (a call, raise, or two folds) the hand is declared dead because the player failed to protect their hand immediately. That is unless you happen to get a different Floor who rules to just give the player a card. Really. Different rulings depending on who is the Floor at the time.

I was told they are working on being consistent at Foxwoods re Floor decisions.

Three incidents that happened this weekend at Foxwoods 10/20 LHE.
1) Player in MP looks for his 2nd card when its his turn to act. It isn't there. His hand is declared dead by the Floor. There is only one burn card - so flop, turn, and river are different than if all hands had been dealt properly.
2) Player is thinking about flop decision. Dealer burns a card preparing for the turn. Player yells "Stop" very very loudly. All action stops at at least 7 tables. Floor comes over and asks what happened and stays for a couple of hands. Player deliberates and then calls. The odd thing was Floor started to chastise the player for being too dramatic. Several other players jumped in to defend him - because he was trying to stop a dealer error - successfully it turned out. Score one for 2+2, player is a poster here.
3) I am UTG and I stand up for a second and tell dealer I am in the hand. He acknowledges me. When I sit down and look at my card there is only one. Hand is declared a misdeal. Guy with KK next to me tries to look put out. I tell him I want my K.