View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

Dont respond to the people who are saying we are being results oriented. They do not have kids and they could never understand.

For those saying it would be hard to prove criminal intent, I wholeheartedly agree. But there is definetly a case for some type of liability, as their actions directly resulted in her death.

I think the key point some of you are missing is that the 13 year old friend did not do this. THE PARENTS, who had initimate knowledge of the girl's psychiatric history, did this.

And for the argument about physcially retaliation, I am for it. How can argue against this recourse? Who cares if original intent was not to push the girl to suicide, that is what freakin happened. Obviously, I have never had a child die, but look at all the emotion being worked up between random interent people over a family we know nothing about. Imagine the hatred coursing through the veins of the victimized family. I bet the dad could kill the other parents and only get manslaughter due to temporary insanity.
There was a case when a man caught his wife in bed and killed the adulterous couple and didnt get life because it was a stressful situation and he wasnt thinking clearly, etc, etc.
I think the longer the dad waits to inflict pain, the less chance there is of him getting a lesser charge, but how can he do nothing?