Thread: 10k post
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: 10k post

Nice thread!

One quick question: I hear people say that the advantages of real estate investing is that you can leverage. However, is it possible to get a loan without a stable income (poker)? I'm quite sure that this isn't possible in The Netherlands, even if you have enough money on your bank to guarantee the loan.

In my view, the best way for a pokerplayer to invest is to split your money between: an index, bonds and only a small part in more risky instruments (ONLY if you know what you are doing). Stockpicking is not easy and very time consuming if you want to do it right (you should devote your time to playing poker!) and even then absolutely no guarantee to beat the market (I guess 99% individuals don't beat the market).

I also think it's pretty much -EV to devote time to real estate (this is the case for people who earn a lot with poker). Except if you really like it (hobby?), it is too time consuming and has zero guarantee to perform better than just putting your money into something like treasury bonds.

Summary: spend your time earning lots of money with poker and put that money in a passive portfolio.