Thread: AK how much?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:27 AM

Default AK how much?

So last post I did, I was questioning the sizing of my value bet on the river. (QJs hand ). Many people liked betting $60, which is a bet I would rarely use as a bluff. Perhaps that is a leak, not bluffing for 1/2 pot on the river, its just that I would typically not do so.

Very often will we play against players that don't read bet sizing and we can typically play our hands face up. But what happens when you play against someone who can? ie. decent regs/etc? I think that after reading MSNL and the like, ranging your value bets to look much like your bluffs should be a profitable river strategy against better players, eh? (very very simple concept I know).

so, how much do you like on this river?

Villan is pretty good, he runs maybe 22/18 and is TAG. He's a reg and is capable of bluff raising/value betting somewhat thinly/etc. He and I have gotten in a few RR-ed pots where the PFRR usually wins on the flop. He likely views me as a TAG.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
orange: $526.90
CO: $313.75
Button: $394
SB: $510.10
BB: $311.50

Pre-flop: (5 players) orange is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">orange raises to $8</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($19, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">orange bets $12</font>, CO calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($43, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">orange bets $30</font>, CO calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($103, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">orange ...