View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: stud/8 - 5th street situation

I would probably complete on third. I wouldn't raise fourth if I thought that it would knock people out, but you got everyone to call, so I can't argue with that. Definitely three-bet fifth. There's no reason that the other guy has to have a flush. If the third man folds, that increases your scoop chances. And if the other guy does have a flush, the only way to really make any money off of the third man is to make him call a whole bunch of bets.

I also think that sixth is a raise. There's at least some chance that the other guy is a donk who is playing his board and not really thinking about what you have. If you really believe in your heart of hearts that he had a made flush on fifth, then he must specifically have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the hole to be free-rolling on you. If he happens to have one diamond down but is free-rolling on you for low, it means that he called two bets cold in a tiny pot on fourth with a three-card flush and a three-card low. If he's bad enough to make this call, he's probably bad enough to have all kinds of things that you're free-rolling on. I think that it is far more likely that you have the upper hand than he. Get your money in there.