View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Angle Shooting A$$H0&# @ Red Rock

[ QUOTE ]
What you consider an angle shoot, i consider good psychology. Sure its a but rude, but poker was never a "nice game" historically - people expect that only post televised poker.

Situation 1 - nothing wrong with that... sounds like an attempt by the opponent to encourage a call; he got what he wanted, and your wife won. Whats the problem? It was a pretty blatant attempt on his part, she knew what she was getting into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the angle was his claim that she hadn't checked as an attempt to get a new turn card . . . though I don't know why he would have been concerned about that turn card. Its not an angle that he said "now I'm screwed". Its an angle that he claimed thhat she hadn't checked.

[ QUOTE ]
Situation 2 - You made the mistake.... wait till he puts his chips in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really undrestand this blame the victim mentality. he rule is that verbal action is binding. Both the player and thealer heard this guy announce that he was calling. That was a call. Claiming now that he said he didn't call is a cheating. While maybe the player could have protected himself by waiting for the money to get move dinto the pot that still isn't protection. Lets say he refuses to flip up his cards until the money goes into the pot, now the cheater gets the opportunity to see how the player reacted to his verbal announcement of a call and then uncall if he doesn't like the response. In fact refusing to turn over his cards untikl the money went in would probably be a good indication that he didn't anticipate a chop.