View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Stud8 - (AA)K facing reraise from Q door

[ QUOTE ]
Aces and kings are similar, but aces are better, particularly since they are live and concealed here.

[/ QUOTE ]I didn't mean equitywise, just that knowing that you have kings isn't very different from knowing that you have aces.

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what hands the low cards have, but I think you should charge them the max if they want to continue. I don't agree that you don't have a lot of equity. Also, you may even get someone to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, the low hands have already called a raise + reraise from you and Q. So them folding for one extra bet should be in the neighbourhood of "never". Same goes for Q-guy.

I also think this makes it much less likely that they have the type of hands you have significant equity against, ie pairs, rather than low hands which you don't benefit all that much from. It also makes your lower pairs or draws much worse off.

So I'm weighing the low boards *much* more towards 3-lows than when the pot isn't raised. Which is why I don't think you have all that much equity in this spot.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I would be concerned with the Q that I was way behind. With a big pair,

[/ QUOTE ]Well yes, that's kind of why I don't like it. I want to be able to use the Q as a lever on later streets if the lows doesn't work out. Or being able to jam him if the lows actually do hit.

Also, you're going to be mostly OOP.

Taking the big pairs out of your call distribution would mess with you a lot against perceptive opponents, which is mostly how I think about the game. That's going to matter much less here though.

My main concern is basically that capping 3d is going to make jamming much less likely on 4th and 5th. And those are streets you very much want jammed when going high.

For instance, take the case where you cap 3d and both lows blanks on 4th. Now Q-guy is much less likely to raise you than if you donk after just calling on 3d.