Old 08-19-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: On Ghosting

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ghost ride the whip

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bakes,

Such a blue-sky position is only remotely possible in tech right now. Given time, you can certainly implement draconian solutions.

Consider the implications of such security features. It's an Orwell wetmare that shouldn't happen. Any implications go much further than a [censored] card game. Fine if you're automatically credded to a superclass in such a society. It's not like it's been happening for years anyway, but where do you draw the buffer zones? The toilet bowl?
-------

Rest of ya:

FWIW, I play very little these days. Focusing on other things, but I've ghosted somebody for 3/4 of a year. We talk thru hands (usually after they occur), I refuse to play cash when the player in question also sits at the table, unless it's HU. It's ego and I don't feel I need that edge. I'm too honest when it comes to cards anyway, probably something that costs and will cost me money in the long-term. Whatever.

I get the feeling most of you would run in the red if you sat down at any cash game where the other players were actively colluding against you.

Been away a bit on break, but was told there was a huge NVG dramabomb wrt multiaccounting, etc. Don't know, don't care, probably too arrogant to really want to do that on a personal level.

Cheating in poker? How unthinkable. Do pardon the sarcasm, but some of you younger players do show remarkable naviete when it comes to whitewash solutions for this stuff. And there are some of you who simply don't care. All's fair, no honor amongst, etc. Standard enough that it's unavoidable anyway.

Sure, it can be self-policed. Here's the thing, though, I wonder about. The major sites have full, unfettered access to HH's, and if there's anything I wonder about with regards to that, it's how much time and effort they have put into developing due vigiliance, both in real-time and post-tournament in looking through this stuff.

If such precautions haven't been put into place or developed yet, they should. Why should they?

Then again I'm just a first-gen cyberpunk who knows exactly what value money actually has.

ansky,

lol.