View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:22 PM

Default Re: World Cup top scorer - talk me out of this bet

Pauletta has an excellent record for Portugal, almost 1 in 2 games and possibly the Hedging option is worth considering with Betfair. I personally dont think he will end up on top as you have to consider its unlikely Portugal will beat both Angola and Iran substantually, Iran have come a long way and are capable of holding a team/creating problems and Angola will be very physical which Portugal will not be overly happy with!

Then if they qualify Portugal will face either Argentina or Holland (assuming these two qualify as they should). They could spell the end of their competiton...worth thinking about.

With regards to Schevchenko he is really short of match practice and banging goals in for AC Milan is a lot easier than doing it for the Ukraine. I think they will sneak out of the group stages but not much further so I think at the odds on offer for him (about 25/1) he's not a decent bet.

My money? Well at the moment I'm very keen on the Czech Rep staying in for a long time and at big odds I quite fancy the likes of Jan Koller (109/1 on the exchanges)...I dont tend to do favourites with bets like this!