View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: **Official NES Greatest Game of All-Time** Final Four

Is there going to be a SNES thread...I think we could get more variance in that one because I knew SMB3 was a lock for 1st and Zelda, Tyson, and TB would crush the other competition on the way. Not a lot of games that people still talk about with as much passion as those. But with SNES...Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, FF6, Mario Kart, Mario World 1/2, Link to the Past, Super Mario RPG (which I personally would vote for over anything)...tons of others so would be interesting to see the debates over them. Kind of a tough list to make too lol.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wait are random people coming in here and voting zelda, not realizing its the nes version?

[/ QUOTE ]

The original is far better than any of the later versions... for its time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno...Link to The Past is kind of like SMB3. Expended on the original, had a similar feel but was different enough to stay fresh and was pretty much perfect in every way. Then there's Ocarina...so much to say about that. For their time, LTTP and OOT were perfect, and they still hold up today. If you played LTTP then play the original immediately after which is what I did...doesn't seem like the original holds a candle to it. But tough argument either way.