View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: combining HITT and starting strength

Probably because I have made changes to my diet, I'm already well on my way to the weight I want. So my goal really more is about maintenance than significant additional loss.

I checked out the crossfit website and, if I understand it correctly - which I may well not - it seems impractical for me. Looks like an infinite series of different exercises. Great for variety, but so much variety that I think I'd have trouble sticking to a routine.

I've been persuaded by reading this forum that a certain amount of lifting is good. If nothing else, I think some additional muscle could be good to help avoid certain injuries, as well as making it easier to maintain my weight.

I've also been assuming that the lifting isn't enough - even with tennis and a pretty clean diet - to maintain the weight I consider appropriate. Maybe I'm flat out wrong about this, and have the wrong perspective because I'm still in the process of cutting, albeit the end of the process. I would be thrilled to discover that I can do away with the elliptical entirely, down the road.

Have I also been wrong in assuming that some of you combine HITT (or a reasonable fascimile of it) with a lifting program like starting strength?