Thread: Fun in Big Pots
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Fun in Big Pots

Bellagio 30-60. Weird things going on in this game at the moment. Otherwise decent players have turned into coldcalling machines the past 30 minutes, and I mean big time. Preflop and postflop. Nothing too tricky going on after the flop, though.

Preflop:
UTG (tight/ passive preflop, very straightforwad postflop) limps, UTG+1 (TAG) raises, The Dude 3-bets K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in MP. CO thinks and calls, SB (Vegas local) calls, BB calls, others call.

Flop: (18 SBs) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 Players)</font>
UTG bets out, UTG+1 calls.

If we assume anyone with a gutshot or a pair is calling two on the flop (except maybe something like TT or 66 - maybe), does anyone just call to raise the turn? How often will the turn get checked to The Dude if he just calls?

I found myself in this situation twice last night, and find myself somewhat torn. I almost just called this flop.