View Single Post
Old 01-01-2007, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Redskins vs Giants

[ QUOTE ]
random/off topic:

1. did anybody hear a big belch (presumably from either Gumble or Collinsworth) like midway through the 3rd quarter? My buddy taped the game with his DVR and we're going to review it when we have some time. It was loud as hell.

2. My thoughts on Tom Caughlin: he seems to have the reputation of a disciplinarian and not much else. Well, if you have a team who's going to make stupid plays, commit bad penalties, and blow late-game leads, then clearly the team is undiscipined. If that's the case, you probably don't need him as your coach. Why don't they bring in someone who can either motivate better (IMO, he seems to have lost the respect of his players) or develop young QBs better (Eli could probably use a better mentor).

I'm curious to hear from the Giants fans about what they think should be done with their coaching situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coughlin is likely gone. It sucks that we go through coaches faster than hookers go through condoms, but it's part of the business I guess.

Tim Lewis is gone. He used to be all about aggression and applying pressure to QBs when he was in Pittsburgh. Now late in the game, he is all about 3 and 4 man rushes, dropping into cover zones and pretty much giving ample time for teams to complete their passes. Pressure, pressure, pressure.

I forgot which poster mentioned it, but Mariucci may actually be a nice fit for the Giants if he can handle the pressure of coaching a big market football team.

Another great option is Ron Rivera, current DC for the Bears. He's led two great defensive units: one in Philly and one in Chicago. Maybe he can get some aggression into that Giants defensive unit.

---------------------

However, I feel that the most likely option for Coughlin's job would be Mike Martz. He's a great offensive mind stuck on a struggling team. He was once the coach for an aggressive, high-powered Rams offense and led them far. I'm sure that he would love to regain the head coaching position again.