View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 PM

Default Re: citanul cleaning bbv/b4l discussion/rants

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
andathar: What did you think would be the result of a OOT-like mass-culling on a forum that was often used as an alternative to OOT? Gentle and sweet logical acceptence, or BASTARD?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not seeing this 'mass culling' part, with the exception of 17,000 yvesaint threads that put gildwulf over the edge

[/ QUOTE ]

All,

I think that what exists in BBV and BBV4L isn't racism. Personally, I don't think that what I've posted in the past has been racist, but that's b/c I know how it was meant to be interpreted. However, when you're dealing w/o voice tones and body language, interpretation is subjective.

The problem that BBV has isn't racism. I'm not sure what it is, but I can recognize racism when I see it. I've lived in Texas my entire life and I know racism when it shows it's ugly head.

I think that being able to laugh at ourselves is a wonderful quality.

i.e., I am white. I have tattoos. I like to eat red meat. I watch sports and say 'aint' and 'yall'.

Some of you Yankees would call me a redneck, and i'd laugh.

Whatever.

Ethnicitys have specific characteristics that comprise them. It's not wrong to make fun of one of your friends because he loves to eat watermelon and fried chicken, so how can it be wrong to make fun of black people for doing the same?

The motivation for me is never harm or disrespect, just humor.

This thread is going nowhere. The bottom line is that someone who owns/runs 2p2 doesn't like the above type of humor and isn't going to let it happen.

The problem at hand is that anything funny can usually be constued as offensive. Thus, this conversation will be locked, not resolved.

-Tex