View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: c/r flop with TPTK ; overcard on turn. now what?

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like you made this play with hopes that he'd bet and then fold to your raise. Do you have a particular read that this is likely to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. My read on this guy is that he will always bet when checked to. It's the damn limit thinking. I c/r to get max value out of the hand, then realize I have almost committed myself to playing for my stack. I assume he will bet turn if I check, so I am calling him down with blank river (earlier I had induced a pot-sized bet into my 2 pair when I checked an A on the river and he had a busted draw). But I don't like the situation I have got myself into with 2nd pair.

Turn goes check/check (to my surprise)
River is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the board reads T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flush draw didn't hit, but straight and overs did. Don't know whether to b/f or c/c (since he usually bets with air when checked too), and how big a bet to call.

Damn I want a smaller pot now.