View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Party Poker is up to Something ... which D$D has inside scoop on

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO the people that think PP might be what it once was are delusional. First of all both the poker community and the poker economy has changed quite a bit. To think that all the "fish" that used to populate PP have simply hibernated and are eagerly awaiting PP to line up to be cleaned after fattening up is a crack pipe dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still log in to Party and look at the tables, or watch videos on any of the training sites and see people playing Party. The tables are still much softer than other main sites available to Americans. There wouldn't be any major need for hoards of hibernating fish to make the site desirable.

And it's hyperbole to say Party and its userbase are just slowly aging and fading. At the time of this post there's about 80 $200 tables running on Party, about 30 $400. There are actually significantly more $1000 games going on on Party than there are on Stars, and one more $2000 game than on Stars. Stars currently has 120k players online.

I have little doubt Party would be #1 in a matter of weeks and at most months if they did reopen to Americans. Their biggest challenge wouldn't be getting the players, but in simplifying depositing. I'd certainly be there on day 1, and I'm a supernova on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

If all the anicdotial evidence is true I stand corrected at least three times. Perhaps Party was the one site who cares about the larger "on-line poker community" and because of that is better positioned to recapture any lost US market share.

I was never a fan, but even I might give them a second look, or any site with ease of deposit and withdraw.

D$D