View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Quick ? regarding the right videocard..

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help, I imagine the most exercise I will be putting the computer through would be-
-Playing Poker 4-6 tables (w/ PT running)
-Browsing tabbed Mozilla
-& watching a DVD in a window near the tables I have running, would that hard drive be sufficient?? What size should I be looking into to handle these tasks??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes....but I'm assuming that you a being perfectly literal when you say you will be a watching a DVD. With this stuff, you need to be careful with your terminology.

If you're going to be watching a DVD on a DVD disk, then the hard disk requirements are virtually zero - obviously a normal DVD player (hooked into a TV) has no hard disk and it plays DVDs fine.

If, however, you are talking about playing DVD movies that you have stored on your hard disk, then you need to be aware that, depending on compression and quality, you're likely to be talking around 1gb per movie. Thus, you'll need more disk space for something like that.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what if I wanted to watch a DVD in full screen on the 30'? Is it going to be a seamless experience or do I need to definitely upgrade the HD to keep it from getting choppy??

[/ QUOTE ]
The hard disk will have no significant impact on this.

The video card will have an impact, but any of those options listed will be fine.