View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Quick ? regarding the right videocard..

[ QUOTE ]
with due respect to plool, i don't think he understood the question.

typing "256MB Radeon ATI HD 2600 XT" into google took me to http://www.sapphiretech.com/fn/produ...=179&grp=3

it says it has:
[ QUOTE ]
two integrated dual-link DVI display outputs

* Each supports 18-, 24-, and 30-bit digital displays at all resolutions up to 1920x1200 (single-link DVI) or 2560x1600 (dual-link DVI)

[/ QUOTE ]

this means that it supports dual-link dvi.

repeat this for the other model names you are considering, and you'll be fine.

also, if you're just using your pc for interweb, poker and email, then that hard disk will be sufficient. you can always buy another one later, and they're relatively easy to install. depending on the retailer, you simply have to consider the benefit of a larger hard disk - if you use it for much video, you'll almost certainly want a bigger one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help, I imagine the most exercise I will be putting the computer through would be-
-Playing Poker 4-6 tables (w/ PT running)
-Browsing tabbed Mozilla
-& watching a DVD in a window near the tables I have running, would that hard drive be sufficient?? What size should I be looking into to handle these tasks??

Also, what if I wanted to watch a DVD in full screen on the 30'? Is it going to be a seamless experience or do I need to definitely upgrade the HD to keep it from getting choppy??

AR