View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: went to showdown and variance

[ QUOTE ]
The term uNL in the micro nl forum refers to the greek symbol "u" which means "micro".

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt know that, thanks. "Unlimited Holdem" sounds funny to me, but this is the last time i use this term here, I promise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Im not convinced of your second point, but I would agree that we should not draw conclusions out of wts alone too early. It should be combined with observation (and a look at their BB/100 if the sample is not too small).

[ QUOTE ]
I'd look more closely at a combination of vpip and folded to cont bet % if you want a gauge on postflop play. That'll line you up with a bunch of loose passives who'll fold postflop when they miss. They're not entirely common, but those are the guys you want to target.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the main attempt, and of course i do not ignore it: find a limper who will call after you raised him and who wont play back postflop. I like these guys even more on my right when they will also pay off second best hands regularly. That had led me to my wts question.