View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Fool me once...fool me twice....Kelvin Sampson

[ QUOTE ]
Well we can, you won't be able to because, being raised (I'm assuming) an Illinois fan, you've been taught that the only truth in this world is that everyone is out to get Illinois sports. Every time anything comes up, it's some huge conspiracy to get Illinois. God I wish for one second I could be that self-important. I mean, I don't think I'd get alot done, but hell, I don't think I'd care much.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...it's not like Bobby Knight outright falsely accused Illinois of an illegal recruitment that led to a NCAA investigation

oh...that's right...he did!

he got so pissed at Lowell Hamilton choosing Illinois that he loudly instigated a NCAA investigation where Bobby's claims were shown to be, surprise, false

Bobby couldn't accept that and started a 'whisper' campaign telling anyone who would listen that Illinois was cheating

next, Iowa's recruiting assistant under the approval of his AD and head coach illegally tape conversations with an Illinois recruit and splice the tapes to implicate Illinois

Then, Bobby's cockholder Digger Phelps comes forward with accusations from his star LaPhonso Ellis

a long NCAA investigation takes place where they find all the accusations to be false, yet Illinois gets put on probation anyway

Illinois loses Juwan Howard and Jamie Brandon. Instead of rolling the 89 title into the domination of the Big11Ten we've seen in the 00s, Illinois has to suffer through a few years of mediocrity.

hmmmmm.....these are all documented facts

not much conspiracy there

however, continue to fight the PR battle that it's Illinois out to get IU when the past has been all about IU getting Illinois when Illinois didn't do anything.