View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: **** OFFICIAL Premiership 2007-08 season Thread!*****

FU Gus, I was about to make this thread!!!1 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think ManU repeats, however I think all of the top 4 have the quality to compete this year, unlike last year. The cup competitions should be better. I am thinking my Arsenal are getting a trophy this year.

My prediction for the top 4.
1.ManU
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Pool

My reasons: ManU added some depth to their squad, although this striker situation currently looks shakey. They have to fix that in order to repeat, however they have a great midfield and could get by with that and with a weaker strike force. Injuries should be a major concern for them IMO.

Chelsea, I think the ANC will screw them big time. 4 Players, two of which are starters are gone for at least a month. They do have some quality backups though. Wouldn't surprise me to see them win CL this year.

Arsenal, still concerns over depth, however from what I have seen from the pre-season, several of their young guys look improved. The team looks fresher, happier, and more organized without Henry. As long as Eduardo gets his papers, I am not too concerned. We are losing Eboue and Toure to ANC. I have heard Adebayor is no longer playing for Togo, which is nice [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I can see us nagging a cup. FA would be nice.

Liverpool added some good players, but man, they shipped out a lot as well. It could take them several months to get use to playing with each other. Of course, they will probably do well in CL.

Other predictions, I think Birmingham and Sunderland are staying up. Derby, Wigan, and Boro(!) to drop.