View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Happy Birthday to the United States (and screw the wannabes and ha

stabn,

ATF regulars are a community, and one composed mostly of americans, which is why I think it is an appropriate place to celebrate the 4th of July. And should any posters who are citizens of other countries wish to make a thread in the future celebrating their independance/national days, I think that would be appropriate as well. For instance, Bastille Day is coming up in 10 days. And while I won't celebrate anything to do with France, I won't begrudge French posters doing so, nor will I feel it necessary to make a negative post in such a thread.

I suspect you are one of those american self-loathers who can't distinguish between the country and the patriotism due it, and the current political administration in charge. If that is true of you, then a short drive northward to establish a new residence and citizenship will solve that dilemma. But if that isn't the case, and since it's not like threads such as this are drowning out what is a quiet forum anyway, you could merely have not chosen to post, especially with subsequent replies.