View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: Article Request: Analysis of Bots

I think my post was misunderstood...
"Nothing really changes" was just a general point about the world.

Cliff Notes version:

(1) The very high cost of Top Bots will moderate their impact.

(2) Top Bots MUST be manned by Poker Pros... because today's AI cannot handle the 5-10% most subtle poker decisions.

(3) Poker sites have exactly 2 choices:

(a) scare the sh*t out of customers by admitting heavy Bot penetration and instituting intrusive tests to "prove humanity"

OR

(b) The obvious choice: lie and count the rake

(4) Poker Bots are here to stay. The Poker World is like the stock market in 1965... when I'm sure computer trading was viewed as akin to "cheating". Today 50-70% computer trading.

And in reply to jjshabado...
As a Computer Science grad I have been following AI trends since the late 1970s. No field have ever overrated their potential advancement more than the AI field. Ever.

Virtually none of the great things promised have become part of everyday life. In 2007, AI cannot even replace a telephone operator.

Like that Full Tilt Bot operation that was discussed here in May. What a ridiculously primitive setup. Lay people actually think this is sophisticated. My trading operation is more sophisticated... and I'm nowhere near leading edge where < 1 ms latency is the standard.

In truth, for the truly talented software engineers that chose fraud and their sponsors... beating poker sites is penny ante stuff... and way down the list of lucrative targets.