View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Stars Microrazzament

[ QUOTE ]
The 5th street raise may have irritated you but was a correct move.

[/ QUOTE ]No, I don't think so. Raising with that board when you are at most, one pip ahead of your closest competition, is not "correct."

5th Street - (2.55 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

Seat 5 has a four-card 9, at best. Seat 3 is also representing a four-card 9. Seat 5 raises to get the four-card ten to fold. But all he did was make sure I called because, well, as much as I hate pots odds, I know Seat 3 is going to call, so that money is already in there, and I'm invested enough, and have good enough cards, that I am not leaving without seeing one more street.