View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Live Play - Help needed + a cpl of interesting spots

Just some general thoughts...

[ QUOTE ]
I basically limped very little; about 16% of hands; with 1/2 of that me raising.

I initially bought in for 250 and lost it; then same again after doubling up; then 500

[/ QUOTE ]

The game as a whole seems to be playing too small stacked to be raising this much.

[ QUOTE ]
We had a big discussion afterwards over whether my style of play is correct FOR THAT GAME; i tried to be LAGgy; ended up being TAGgy preflop and NIT tight thereafter!

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually looks more weak tight than nit tight. If you are going to raise a lot when the stacks are that short then you have to be prepared to stack a lot too. Was this a big game in terms of your experience/br or were you new to live play?

[ QUOTE ]
They all occurred with the same guy; who effectively has me covered at all points

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has position on you this is not a good spot.

[ QUOTE ]
Now he had been very active; had dropped 2 buyins of £200 and £300 and was on tilt... also he assumed every time i raised i had AA and was reraising me to isolate OFTEN...

[/ QUOTE ]

Without being rude, it looks like he was reraising you liberally because he thought he could push you around.

[ QUOTE ]
The 3rd situation occurred when i held QJ 98 DS; (now that is a powerhouse!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get into this in isolation. But this hand is not a powerhouse unless you define a hand that is unlikely to be dominated in an allin coup preflop as a powerhouse.

[ QUOTE ]
I felt i was unlucky to have repushed in situations where im normally not behind by far (even in situation 2 if he has AA i still approach 40%); could have been ahead by a large margin; or am 50/50;

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the chance of you being ahead in the side pot if he calls is tiny. The value of double suited run downs is playing through the streets and picking up additional outs as you do so. Not smashing them in against AA or KK.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for rambling guys; i hope you took it all in

[/ QUOTE ]

To be frank, it reads a little like you took an Internet style game, maybe a 6 max one, to a live situation and struggled to make the adjustment. There's no shame in this. Most PLO live players are going to be much weaker than their Internet counterparts from a maths perspective. But temperament and position can make up a lot. And they will have some gamble.

gl

bdd