View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: QQ hand folded face up beginning of WSOP FT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, when I read "you can't think in terms of ranges here", I think "so we aren't playing poker here?"

When I play poker, I am ALWAYS thinking in terms of ranges. I thought that was the object of the frigging game - to narrow your opponent's RANGE of possible holdings based on the information he has given you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, you think incorrectly. You can't look it as a range like in Poker Stove. Yang can have TT, but he doesn't have TT nearly as often as AA. I think the distribution looks something like this:

AA/KK 40%
AK 30%
99-QQ 20%
??? 10%

[/ QUOTE ]

Betgo, I really do not think AA/KK is twice as likely as TT-QQ. Didn't he put like 10 million in preflop with A9 earlier at the FT?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think my distribution is fairly reasonable. People tend to flat call an early position raise with JJ/TT. He could flat call with AA/KK too, but he is more liekly to reraise. Yang could also have AQ, a suited gapper or whatever. I said 40% chance he has AA/KK. I think this is conservative. Against a tight player it would be a lot higher.

Given the opponent, I think you have to reraise allin preflop or checkraise allin on the flop. However, it would be a mistake to put people on ranges and assume QQ was usually good in this situation.