View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: *** Official Spanish Primera Division 2007-2008 ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This game is quite bizarre. I still think the red card was very harsh and undeserved, but this should be an entertaining 2nd half.

edit: 1st red

[/ QUOTE ]

First red was for a second yellow. The GolTV thing messed it up. I went back and checked and in the 7th minute Sousa got booked for a late challenge. They said it was somebody else. It seemed like an ok yellow, not overly harsh but maybe a bit. The second yellow was for an intentional handball on a through ball when Sevilla were attacking. That's pretty standard.

It's one of those situations, which are unfortunate for the neutral fan, where a player gets two legitimate yellows but neither were for doing anything too bad. One of the better examples I can remember is Pope against Italy in the last World Cup. I don't remember the first yellow but the second was certainly legitimate. It's unfortunate that this puts you a man down but that's how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, thanks - that makes sense now. I thought it was a straight red, and the Pope analogy seems appropriate.

Barring anything serious to Puerta, it's a great start for Sevilla. Their style is really starting to grow on me.