View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: Quick specific razz question: holding a T versus a resteal.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are the second to last low upcard and you open with a three card ten, and the last low card reraises you, how do you feel about defending versus folding?

IIRC SOR has you folding here.

I'm just wondering what razz regulars typically do here, in practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if I'm good enough to qualify as a Razz regular, but this is what I think. SoR said to fold Jacks, call with 9s in this situation. Unless the guy is the godfather of all nits, you pretty much have to defend with a smooth ten against one opponent.

The ante/bringin structure is a lot bigger in online razz games than anything mentioned in SoR. At a full table, the antes and bring-in amount to a little over a full bet. So you're getting 4-1 on your money for the call, and you aren't that much of a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be the one to point this out, but the antes in today's online games are often similar to what is described in SOR. To be specific, the FTP tables and the higher ante STars tables play like the 30/60 game in SOR, but some of the Stars tables play a little more like SOR's 15/30 (which was a nit's paradise and had only a $1 ante!)

Hopefully I at least get props from *TT* for this...