View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: November [censored] thread

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not physically or mentally ready for a run at the BW challenge and am not in a hurry to get there. I do think when I get back to the lift that I'll try some ramping 3x8s, slowly building from 95#, just to tease out where/when my comfort level breaks down and if I can push that point upward. But given the progress I've made at 95# just by putting it in as a regular part of my routine-- I think that is where I'm going to end up. There doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to push it. Also: PVC pipe helped my progress (too) at the beginning even more than fighting a naked bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

after i got even a bit comfortable with the movement i felt like doing it with a light load (45#) was key to developing my postitioning a bit. sorta same with front squats where you have to have a load of some sort to help get your arms in postion. with the ohs i needed something to force me to stay active in the shoulders and be punished (drop the weight) if i swayed forward at all.

i have started helping a couple friends with basic movements and it is amazing how tough the ohs with pvc or a dowel is for almost everyone initially.

thanks for the update and great job.
btw, what has made you take them out of your programming?

cheers. J.