View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Why are value investor types so rigidly opposed to TA?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then don't use TA.

THE HUN.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. I am trying to do my best as a good American to see that impressionable young investors don't waste their time and resources on drival.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go [censored] yourself. TA is profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If TA is so profitable why are you so angry? I'm not mad that you think FA is not as good as TA. Wanna know why? Cuz I'm doing fine and you can think whatever you want.

TA is a losers game when you consider trading costs and taxes. Short term market movements are not predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is fairly closed minded.

if you can ascertain methodologies to extract value consistently then go ahead. it is possible that TA is unwittingly doing this in terms of the psychological aspects that humans exhibit when doing things like trading/gambling etc.

i just don't think that aside from that possibility, there is any logic behind TA. i have recruiters from prop trading firms calling me fairly regularly now and it seems unbelievably shady. all of them use TA. obviously there are reasons there aside from this argument but just thought i'd throw that out there (i.e. i'm not using it as evidence b/c it isn't).

Barron