View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Stud8, A8A - capped on 3rd

[ QUOTE ]
Reads: This table is super-solid. The most solid stud8 table I've ever seen. Good players who know what they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what the hell are we doing in this game?

You raise third with an Ace in the door and a King raises. You suggest that he's a good player, so he either has the other two Aces in the hole or rolled-up Kings. With the former, your hand is dead, and with the latter, you're crushed. I'll guess that Aces are the more likely, as rolled Kings probably wouldn't want to give away his hand (although what else could he be calling with?), and dead Aces wouldn't mind taking down the pot on third. In any case, I wouldn't be pumping the pot with your hand. I'd just call his raise.

Fourth came down pretty good for you. I still wouldn't jam. I might check-raise or bet out hoping for a raise, but I'm not looking to play a big pot with this hand.

Definitely bet fifth with your Aces and nut low draw. It's looking like the other aggressor had the other two Aces at this point.

Sixth street is interesting. I wouldn't be able to resist raising. It's really hard to fathom what seat 5 has. He shouldn't be on a flush draw with all those clubs gone on third street. Maybe just calling will keep a draw in where raising wouldn't. The only way to make real money is to jam, though. Maybe he's married to whatever draw he's on. Only one way to find out.

Definitely bet the river.