View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Re: Require health insurance assistance

[ QUOTE ]
$1000 per year (if that is an accurate figure) is more than affordable. I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find $3 a day to trim from your budget.

Many of the uninsured in America are young and healthy, who choose not to buy health insurance because it will cost more than their likely expenditures for the year. If they all joined the insurance pool, it would drive costs down across the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

winner winner winner

And most [not all] when they have ducked the costs for years will come crying to tell us that the rest of us should pay for them because *now* they have a pre-existing condition.

Most people with a pre-existing condition can still get insurance, if you have diabetes, if you have Parkinson's, if you have a heart murmur, etc. Certain groups like hiv+/hemophiliacs are poorly served, and certainly should vocally use their voices and votes to agitate for more gov't help, and I'm certainly willing to support those efforts.

Price of insurance is typically going to depend not just on you but how many other people are in the pool, their health, and what state you live in, + whether you smoke, drink, are obese, etc.
I know many elderly who are retired and too ill to ever work again and we'd all love some Utopian slush fund that pays for every single medical expense, and costs little/no $ to the customer.