View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: Bad play? Or bad luck?

grunch:

1) bet flop. slowplaying a set is tempting, especially on a bone dry board. But if you cbet as much as you should, checking behind here is bad. This isn't even remotely as bad as your opponent's play.

2) bet more flop. I'd bet $4 on the dry flop, so I guess that's not too different. Don't get too greedy with AA: taking the preflop raises at this point is a nice result.

Knowing you got stacked makes it easy to say I'd check this river. It only takes one card to beat you. That said, I'd probably say I was inducing a bluff and call a bet, so no big difference.

3) ha ha. repeat after me: "this guy is my friend. I like playing this guy. I'm laughing, not crying..."

4) ick. nothing you could do.

5) again, not much you could do. I might find a fold to the reraise with the 3-straight on the board, but what, he's got 8T? nah, I stack off too. 2pr is the bigger part of his range.

The only thing I see, it doesn't look like your bets are large enough. This format doesn't show the pot size, and I'm too lazy to calculate it. If they're calling you this much with 2nd or 3rd pair, your normal value bets can creep up in size to 3/4 pot or more.

make notes about the slowplayers.