View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:59 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

I have a couple problems with the software I was hoping you could help with.

When the program was originally released I installed it along with PostregSQL. Everything was working fine. I imported over 500k hands with a very small error % which was awesome.

Then, I closed the program and started a poker session in which I was running multiple programs that made my computer lag. I opened task manager and began manually ending the processes that were hogging cpu performance. Not knowing PostregSQL naturally used 3-4 processes I ended all 3. My comp was still running slow so I restarted.

Upon rebooting XP Pro, my user login screen appeared and my default User Account, Administrator, was no longer available. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I wasn't sure how it could have happened but I've been unable to recover the original Administrative account. Luckily, all the Docs & Settings files were still able to be accesssed in My Computer. So I copied the old Admin D&S folder to the new Admin2 D&S folder with some success.

But, some of the programs required a re-install, including HEM. So my questions are:

If I reinstall the latest version of HEM is there a way to replace its default database with the original database I imported 500k hands to?

Also, any idea why the user account may have been deleted? It seems ironic that it occurred after the install of HEM. I believe it may have something to do with manually ending processes in task manager though.