View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Brag: I finally beat Linley\'s Dungeon Crawl.

Thanks for the links to the recorded players! I'm watching the Hippo one now and am compiling questions (and comments) as I go along. If you have time, could you address them? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I noticed some monsters are highlighted in blue when they don't know you're there. I dug into init.txt and found the setting for it - it's very useful. Any other non-default settings you would recommend? Did you turn off pickup_thrown?

You carry corpses around instead of chunks sometimes. Aside from not wanting to sacrifice them while praying, are there any other advantages to doing so? Do they last longer before rotting?

You use macros for casting spells. What keys do you assign to them? What keys are generally available? Any other good macro combos you'd recommend?

As much as you use poisoned needles and darts, why did you turn those skills (throw/dart) off? Are they not useful enough later on?

Any mal effects from carrying rotten chunks/corpses besides the deadweight (pardon the pun)?

Any effects of being sick besides the occasional degenerayion effects?

Sorry for the barrage. Thanks for helping a newb learn!