View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Las Vegas Nutrition/Gym

I'm going to be out in vegas and later LA for about 5 weeks. I'll be staying in a hotel for the entire time I'm in vegas and I'd like to continue my routines if possible. Food is going to be the major issue as I can't cook for myself out of the rio and I doubt the fridge will hold much of what I normally I eat. So if possible, I'd like some help brainstorming some ideas for food and working out. First off, I assume the Rio has a gym, if so, has anyone been there? Is it decent? By decent I mean can I do pull ups, bench, squats, DL, dips, rowing, there? If not, can you recommend a gym that is in running distance from the Rio/on the strip? Running distance to the gym for me is under a mile...

As for food, I'll most likely eat out every meal (probably 2x day), but if I can pack some stuff in my room for snacks it might not be so bad...off the top of my head I was hoping there'd be a grocery store somewhat closeby where I could just swing by and pick up small stuff like nuts, cottage cheese, etc... I can order a box of larabars and maybe bring some jerky.

Other ideas? Eggs are pretty big part of my diet, I assume buffets have hard boiled eggs? Maybe I could go down and grab a dozen or so every few days, I can also get fruit and veggies from salad bar.

Thanks.