View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Taking a break from Poker - LONG & Low Content

Just one comment: I think that you should never play poker again. I don't say this in a mean-spirited way, but rather am just being honest. You are pretty misguided in your statement that all poker players experience the same kind of polarized emotions as you do. Far from cry, I have accepted short-term variance to the point where I don't even blink an eye when I drop 10 BIs in a session, etc (my BIs are fairly large and I am fairly young, so think about this).. I just go and take a break, make a sandwich, have a few drinks, go out and have a good time with my friends... there is just so much more to life. If poker ever affected me beyond minimal aggravation at standard runs of bad cards, I would never play again - the stress is just not worth it IMO. You were playing at low enough levels where the money is just in no way enough to compensate ever feeling the sort of polarized emotions that you did... Just walk away from the game forever, and spend time with family and friends. Or thats my opinion, anyways.