View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Best Hands Thread (Low Content)

I played a little HU limit 5CD against my sister yesterday. My sister raised preflop. She'd do that with just about any pair. I reraised, and she smooth called. She drew one card, and I was pat with my ace-high straight.

After the draw, my sister said "I don't believe you" and bet right into me. I imediately felt an urge to raise. I put my sister on two pairs pre-draw based on the action. She wouldn't play a draw like that, but it could possibly be trips. I knew that the probability of making a full house after drawing 1 card was slim. Then I decided not to make a "I have a pat hand, and there's no way that this hand could ever get cracked"-raise, because I was pretty sure that my sister didn't have the nerve to bet into me without making a really good hand. I think that the best play in this situation against my sister might possibly be a fold, but I couldn't get myself to dump it this time. I called, and my sister showed down her quad sevens. She told me that she had quads pre-draw, and I think she was telling the truth. We made a rough calculation, and it looks like quads vs. a pat hand pre-draw comes up approximately once or twice in a million hands HU. Nothing special really...

My sister was a little shortstacked when this hand came up. I think that she would probably have doubled her stack if she reraised with her quads pre-draw. She might have been better off without slowplaying, especially since she was out of position. She plays aggressively enough to get plenty of action anyway.

Actually she's so aggressive that she crushed me the first couple of times we played HU.